Take online courses from the world’s top universities for free. Below, you will find 1,700 free online courses from universities like Yale, MIT, Harvard, Oxford and more. Our site also features collections of Online Certificate Programs and Online Degree & Mini-Degree Programs.
Note: This page includes a lot of Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs). If you want to enroll in a free version of a MOOC, please select the “Full Course, No Certificate” (edX) or “Audit” (Coursera) option. If you take the course for a certificate/credential, you’ll be charged a fee, and we will receive a commission from our affiliate partners–Coursera, FutureLearn and edX.
Below, Please find several examples of schools sampled from their site.
- Cars: Past, Present & Future – Free Online Course – Michael Shanks, Stanford
- Crash Course in Design Thinking – Free Online Course – Stanford
- Design Thinking for Leading and Learning – Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) – MIT/Microsoft
- Foundations of Virtual Instruction – Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) – UC Irvine
- How to Teach Online: The Essentials – Free Online Video – Stanford Online High School
- Learning to Teach Online – Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) – The University of New South Wales
- Teaching Your Class Online – Free Online Video – Stanford Online High School
- African American History: Emancipation to the Present – Free Online Course – Jonathan Holloway, Yale
- African-American History: Modern Freedom Struggle – Free Online Course – Clay Carson, Stanford
- Age of Cathedrals – Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) – Howard Bloch, Yale University
- Age of Jefferson – Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) – University of Virginia
- America Through Foreign Eyes – Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) – Rice University
- American Economic History (Syllabus) – Free Online Video – Martha Olney, UC Berkeley
- ChinaX: China’s Past, Present and Future – Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) – Harvard
- Chinese Politics – Free Online Video – Rory Truex, Princeton
- Church History – Free iTunes Audio – Westminster Theological Seminary
- CIA in the Third World – Free Online Video – Thomas O’Brien, University of Houston
- Colonial and Revolutionary America – Free iTunes Audio – Jack Rakove, Stanford
- Coexistence in Medieval Spain: Jews, Christians, and Muslims – Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) – UC Boulder
- Deciphering Secrets: The Illuminated Manuscripts of Medieval Europe – Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) – University of Colorado
- Economic History of the Soviet Union – Free Online Video – Guinevere Liberty Nell, Marginal Revolution U.
- Early Modern England: Politics, Religion & Society under the Tudors and Stuarts – Free Online Video – Course Materials – Keith E. Wrightson, Yale