SDC BRTI-AMERICA RADIO

Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Wyler Delray





WYLER DELRAY-THE REAL DEAL !




Some people sing songs-Wyler Delray lives the songs he sings. This Central Illinois native writes and performs songs about real life. His lastest offering" A Face In The Crowd" takes the listener on a musical journey filled with the hard truths of life, mixed with wit, and humor.

Delray has an uncanny ability to write about various subject matters. For example his song "Payin Dues" deals  with life in a traveling band.  "It Kinda Makes you Glad " takes a light-hearted look at losing a wife. "Than Love Should Have To Pay" deals with domestic violence, while "Just For Being You" is a tongue-in-cheek humorous love song. "Outlaws" is a historic look back on the Outlaw movement, and the evolution of country music in the later 1970's-early 1980's. We could go on-but you get the idea.

The music of Wyler Delray is The Real Deal and only available on Ho-Made Records!
A Face In The Crowd is currently avaliable on music and streaming outlets worldwide.

His music has been described as too country for rock and too rock for country.
Wyler Delray takes that as a compliment saying "I've always been different and my songs combine the best elements of both genres" he went on to say "Most modern country artists sing Rock songs with Country overtones-but me-I'm just the opposite-I write and sing Country songs with Rock overtones-"There is a difference".

"A Face In The Crowd" is Delray's second album, released on his own Ho-Made Records label. Along with his debut album "Self-Made Fool" was proof that the Central Illinois native could write, perform, and record a collection of his original songs, and establishing himself as a new talent well worth the listener's attention.

Born and raised near Peoria, Illinois-Wyler grew up listening to traditional country music. He recalls waking up every morning listening to the likes of Johnny Cash, Merle Haggard, George Jones, and Buck Owens, on the radio. 

However, it was the Outlaw movement that flipped the switch for the young Delray. "When I heard Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, and David Allan Coe, I was hooked-I had found my music heros" declared Delray. "I became obsessed with the singer/songwriter type artists" and when I heard guys like Kris Kristofferson, John Prine, and Billy Joe Shaver-I knew what I wanted to do".
Wyler Delray-A Face In The Crowd is avaliable on music and streaming outlets worldwide.

No comments:

Post a Comment